Monday, November 14, 2011

Rain outdoors good, rain indoors bad.

This morning I went into the basement to grab a flathead shovel for chicken coop cleanout, and it was raining in there. Some critical plumbing failure in the bathroom shower above was sending water leaking everywhere and the plaster was buckling and crumbling. Sigh. There's always something new with an old house.

I've pulled out all the bad plaster and garbage (according the the newspapers stuffed in there as insulation, this bathroom was last worked on when Mondale was running for president) and now I'm procrastinating on finishing the job. Plumbing is such a gross messy job, but I'm the plumber of the house so I get to do it. Time to pour another cup of coffee and gird my proverbial loins.

Since pictures of my bathroom's undercarriage aren't going to be pretty, I'll spare you the gory details. Come back soon and I'll show you all the pretties I've been knitting instead.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the historical evidence one finds when doing house repair... I look forward to seeing the knitting!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete