Saturday, March 10, 2012

Back! Sort of...

We took a few days off in New Orleans, where I didn't take a camera or a single photo. It was gorgeous and I loved the city. Boiled crawfish might be my new favorite food.

However, I didn't sleep hardly at all while I was there. Bars and clubs never close until people stop spending money, which might be never. Bourbon Street at 6am is surreal and post-apocalpytic. I thought the city would be resting itself after Mardi Gras the week before, but I guess there's no rest for the wicked. Or for me...hmm, what does that make me?

Anyway, I wasn't too surprised when I got sick hard as soon as we got back. I've been through all the stages or ick and gross, with the fever and the sore throat, and now I'm in the land of late-night coughing fits. I felt pretty awesome all day, unless I tried to talk to people, but now when I'd rather be sleeping I'm coughing like mad.

I have some new chicks in the laundry room, and they are stinky little bruisers (more about them when I'm done coughing). The rabbits are safely separated into their own palatial accomodations, the big chickens are laying like mad, and we're getting a second crop of cherry tomatoes off the plant I never got around to taking down at the end of the summer. High of 75F this afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds as if you could wrap up in a blanket and take your cough outside for a nap in the sun.

    Yes, chickens ARE stinky. That's why many cities prohibit keeping chickens.

    Darn I wish I lived nearby! I could help you use up those eggs, avocados, cherry tomatoes . ..

    ReplyDelete