Monday, April 30, 2012

Dar la Luz

My new chickens and my old chickens are finally starting to get along, after much squabbling. The New Hampshire Reds are pretty, but they seem to be afraid of everything - including but not limited to squirrels and falling leaves. The Freedom Rangers never have gotten into any trouble. They just keep their heads down and eat like they've never seen food before.
Have I mentioned how spoiled they are? Their palatial abode now boasts a front porch (with light) and a chandelier in the grand room.

I think I've managed to talk myself out of getting more chicks this year. This week is the beginning of my new apprenticeship, and the last thing I need is to have a bunch of tiny lives depending on me! Especially since in a month or two it will be the summer of love for the bunnies...

1 comment:

  1. Love the chicken coop and bird related spoilage. Wish we could keep more birds, but the city is sure that 3 is enough.

    Just found your blog and have enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete